Baked Mascarpone Cheesecake with Stewed Rhubarb
- Ready In:
- 125 g butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups caster sugar
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour or 3/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 200 g polenta
- 7 eggs
- 600 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 150 g mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 lemon, zest of
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a medium bowl combine ½a cup of caster sugar, flour and polenta.
- Pour in melted butter and one egg white, rub together until combined.
- Grease a 24 cm spring form pan lightly and cover base and sides with baking paper.
- Press mixture evenly over base and to the top of the tin at the sides using a lightly floured hand to form a neat crust.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill and then bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven to 160°C.
- In a large bowl beat the cream- cheese, mascarpone and remaining sugar with electric mixer on low until smooth and well combined.
- Add eggs and egg yolk one at a time continuing to beat on a medium low speed.
- Add cream, vanilla, orange and lemon zests, beating until just combined.
- (Do not over beat or mixture will curdle).
- Pour into cooled shell and bake for 1 hour or until set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with stewed rhubarb and fresh cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live on the east coast of Australia. I am a proud descendant of two Aboriginal tribes. <br /><br />I spent my early childhood in Western Queensland and the Northern Territory. My mother was employed as a cook on various cattle and sheep stations. Through my mother I learnt to love and enjoy cooking fresh food. <br /><br />Last September, 2003, I had the pleasure of meeting JenT, Jewelies, their respective DHs and Jewelies? gorgeous daughter who was a treat to meet. One day, I hope I can go to New Zealand to visit JenT?s homeland. <br /><br />I enjoy reading cookbooks for cover to cover. My goal is to cook all the recipes I have collected in my Zaar cookbook.</p>