photo by Buzymomof3
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 (16 ounce) cans vegetarian baked beans, in tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 dashes mustard
- 2 slices raw bacon, diced large for top
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sauté bacon until crisp; remove and cook onion in small amount of the bacon grease until tender.
- Combine cooked bacon, onion, ketchup, sugar, mustard, beans, etc. (except for raw bacon). Mix well in bowl.
- Place in casserole dish, top with raw bacon.
- Bake uncovered 50-55 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Don't know how this recipe can only have 2 reviews! And such a simple name for such a great recipe! I did some revising, but had it at my party and everyone LOVED it! I added a chopped apple, used 8 slices bacon, added some homecooked beans (maybe 2 cups), used 1/2 tsp garlic, dry mustard and cooked it all in the crockpot. It had a slightly sweet taste, almost like it had orange juice in it. Very, very good. Will keep for future parties. UPDATE: This made it into my Top Fav's of 2009 cookbook. Original Review 06-29-09.
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
SAHM enjoy collecting and trying different recipes. I prefer to give honest reviews for items I have tried. if I make changes I note them in the review.