Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Prosciutto and Smoked
photo by Chef 165grNosler
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons cilantro pesto sauce
- 4 -5 slices prosciutto
- 1 (3 ounce) package smoked mozzarella cheese
- 1 (1 lb) package sliced bacon or 16 slices bacon
- Get your charcoal going!
- Use a gallon freezer bag to pound out the skinless chicken breasts one at a time.
- Lay the chicken breast with the inside side up (meat is more porous), apply a layer of pesto, prosciutto, then thin sliced cheese.
- Start at narrowest end of breast and roll it up. Wrap with bacon (3-4 slices each). Be sure to use a little tension while wrapping and cover the seams and ends.
- Over direct heat on grill, do a quick sear on all four sides (3-4 minutes on each side for a grill at 375 degrees). The bacon fat will catch on fire if you leave your grill lid up so turn the breasts and close the lid immediately.
- Move them over to indirect heat, add your smoking wood (I used hickory and mesquite) and smoke for about 40 minutes (see second photo). With the smoke rolling, grill should be about 325 degrees. Internal temp of chicken-165 degrees.
- Finish off back over on the direct heat for a couple minutes on each side to crisp up the bacon. Let rest for 10 minutes and serve!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!