MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I found this recipe in a Fine Cooking magazine and it was suprizingly easy to make and my family now thinks I'm a real chef. And I have to add who doesn't love bacon.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 slices bacon
- 4 salmon fillets, 6-oz skin-on, scaled, center cut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a liquid measuring cup, combine the balsamic vinegar, honey, rosemary, and 2 tbs water.
- Cut the bacon slices in half.
- Lay a slice of bacon on the flesh side of each piece of salmon and arrangle he salmon, bacon side down, in a 12 inch heavy-duty nonstick skillet.
- Sprinkle the salmon skin with salt and pepper.
- Set the skillet over medium-high heat and cook until the bacon is glden and crisp about 4 to 5 minutes from when it begins to sizzle.
- Turn the salmon and continue to cook until the skin is crisp and the salmon is cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Take skillet off heat and transfer the salmon to a platter.
- Pour off the fat and return to medium-high heat.
- Stir the vinegar mixture well and add it to the skillet.
- Simmer until slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour over salmon and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION