Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Sandwich, New York City Deli-Style
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1 everything bagel (or other bagel of choice)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, plus more for buttering bagel
- 2 large eggs
- 1 thin slice cheese, such as American or 1 cheddar cheese
- 2 -3 slices cooked bacon
- Slice bagel in half. Butter cut sides of each half and toast in a toaster oven or on a griddle (if using a pop-up toaster, butter halves after they are toasted).
- Meanwhile, heat a cast-iron or nonstick skillet. Add butter to skillet. Carefully crack both eggs into skillet. When whites begin to set, immediately puncture yolks.
- Top one egg with cheese and bacon. Place remaining egg, yolk-side down on top of bacon (like an egg-on-egg sandwich). Transfer eggs onto one toasted half of the bagel; top with remaining bagel half and lightly press together. Serve immediately with hot sauce or ketchup, or wrap halfway in parchment paper or aluminum foil for a portable breakfast.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"<p>I'm a stay at home mom to a super spunky little girl. She's only 18 months and already full of personality. <br />I love recipezaar and am just getting into the contests and events. It's really helping me break out of my cooking rut. I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to review or post a photo of any of my recipes, good or bad. After all we all have different tastes and suggestions for improvement are always welcome. <br /> <br /><br /><br /><br /></p>"