Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit Casserole
This is a simple breakfast idea that serves several people. It also makes a great brunch idea.
- Ready In:
For biscuit crust
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 - 1 lb bacon (or sausage)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 425.
- Start frying bacon or sausage.
- Combine first 5 ingredients, then cut in butter.
- Make a well in the center and pour in milk. Stir until well combined and moist.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead until dough holds together well and is pliable. Press into bottom of a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Beat the eggs with a splash of milk and pour over biscuit crust.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon or sausage over the egg mixture and top with cheese.
- Bake for 16 - 20 minutes, or until egg is cooked through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
My family doesn't eat pork, and I wanted to use what we had (and bring it closer to a cheeseburger pie). I made many small changes, and can write out the recipe in it's entirety if wanted: -Flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, are all the same, but generous. -Butter is a combination of butter & Smart Balance. - 1+tsp no-salt garlic & herb seasoning blend - 0.5tsp curry powder - 5 eggs, beaten - <2lbs turkey luncheon meat(the cheap one) cooked with Bragg Liquid Amino Acids and Balsamic vinegar, until dry & browning. - 1+C grated cheddar cheese - 3oz grated mozzarella - 1 tomato, diced - 3 small green onions, sliced Combine dry ingredients, cut-in butter, mix in milk until almost completely moistened. DO NOT over mix! Press into 9"x13" pan. Top w/ meat, tomato, green onion, cheese in that order. Pour egg over top. Bake as directed in original recipe, until bottom is evenly browned approx. 22 minutes. Came out PERFECT and delicious!!! (Thank you for the inspirartion)
This was good, but missing something. The biscuit was a little dry; DH suggested adding gravy over the top when serving so maybe we will try that. I also added 2 additional egs (5 total) for the topping and there still seemed to be hardly any eggs, maybe will add a few more. With a few tweaks, we will be making this again; the concept is very good. Made for Cookbook Tag March 2010.