Bacon and Double Cheese Quiche
- Ready In:
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 10 slices cooked bacon (crumbled)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup gruyere cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup white cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- If making your own crust, bake in oven for about 10 minutes. If using a ready made crust, I have found this is not necessary.
- Cook and Crumble bacon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, half & half, thyme & Pepper.
- Pour into crust.
- Sprinkle bacon and chesses over mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until custard is set.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this using the Pillsbury pie crust from the refrigerated section (not the unbaked pie shell from freezer section) and it came out perfectly. No soggy crust! The flavors were delicious, although I did wish I had some vegetable to compliment the meat. Next time perhaps I'll add spinach or mushroom. Thanks for posting, Cinnamon!