Awsome Tarts and Pie Pastry....Tasty Flakey..tender..
photo by Chef Reg Jones
- Ready In:
- 5 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄3 cups tenderflake lard
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup ice water
- In a large bowl or food processer place the flour and salt.
- Add the lard -- till it resembles small peas and some coarse pieces.
- In a measuring cup beat the egg with the vinegar.
- All enough ice water to make 1 cup.
- Add to flour mixture a bit at a time,just enough to make dough come together.
- Once that's done ,empty onto floured covered surface.
- Divide into 3 balls.Wrap with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Take out a let sit for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Roll out to a thickness of 1/8.
- use a cup or mug to cut out 4 inch circles.
- In muffin pans --.
- bake 350,depending on what your making.
- This recipe will make 24-30 tart shells or 3 9 inch double pie shells.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I have always enjoyed cooking ..I like to try everything at least once..Home cooking is my passion..I make homemade soup at least once a week ...Cook healthy meals most of the time.i also do a bit of baking.I watch cooking shows on food network..Micheal Smith is one of my favorite chefs. I can spend time in the kitchen as i am now retired .I am a young 66 as well.I was a furniture salesperson for 15 years.I also sold potato chips for 10 years also..</p>