Avocado Orange Black Bean Salad
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 2mins
- Pick through dried beans, discarding any bad ones.
- Rinse beans.
- Place beans in a large pot.
- Add enough water to cover beans by 2 inches.
- Bring to a boil, cook for two minutes, and then turn off the heat.
- Let beans soak in covered pot for one hour.
- Bring to a boil, covered.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- (Beans should be firm, not mushy.) Drain beans and rinse with cold water.
- Dry beans on paper towel.
- In large bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, salt, garlic and cilantro.
- Peel and section oranges.
- Cut orange sections into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Stir pieces into olive oil mixture.
- Add beans and stir gently.
- Mix well.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, peel avocados and chop the flesh into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Gently stir into salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in a beautiful rural area, and I get lots of backyard visitors, including deer, coyotes, bears, raccoons, and skunks. I'm basically a homebody, and I enjoy reading, writing, surfing the net, working out, studying the Bible, taking scenic photos, and of course, cooking.