Aunt Willie Jo's Sweet Potato Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork and microwave on high until tender, about 6 minutes on each side. Cut open; cool completely.
- Scrape potato flesh into bowl; mash until smooth.
- Measure out enough potato puree to equal 1 cup, discard the rest.
- Cream together sweet potatoes, butter, buttermilk, eggs and sugar. Add spices and baking soda and blend well.
- Pour half into each crust and bake on 400 for about 45 minutes or until set in center.
- (Adding a dollop of whipped cream to the top of each piece while it is still warm is a very special treat!).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
WOW!!! I made this sweet potato pie for my family's holiday dinner, and afterwards 3 people took me aside to tell me how fabulous it was -- one said it was the best she'd ever had! As I'm not known for my cooking, perhaps some of their amazement was that I was the one who had brought it LOL LOL Thank you, Chef Menel, for the image boost and happy family!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My passion is cooking. Most of my recipes are old southern family recipes, however a dear chef friend, (he specializes in French Cuisine and Pastries), and I constantly exchange recipes with each other for variety. <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">