Aunt Negla's Awarma
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Salt the meat heavily and saute in a heavy pan, Cook past watery stage continue until tender but not mushy.
- meanwhile melt down fat and cook slowly until clarified.
- strain fat into jars containing the cubed lamb.
- the original recipe called for 1 leg of lamb + 1 lamb shoulder + 1 big sirloin.
- Seal the jars store in a cool dry place.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I always barbecued and camp cooked but now that I am retired and my wife is disabled I do almost all the cooking. My preference is for recipes that are fairly simple with over the top results. And most important I still ride my 1940 Indian!!