Aubergine and Garlic Chutney (1)
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 lbs aubergines, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 heads garlic, peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces onions, sliced
- 3 dried red chilies, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 pints white wine vinegar
- 5 ounces brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- Heat the oil in a large pot and fry the sesame seeds until they start to pop.
- Add the garlic and onions and fry for five minutes.
- Add the aubergines and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and chillies and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the sugar and paprika and cook till the chutney is thick.
- Bottle in clean, dry and warm bottles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY