Asparagus With Mushrooms and Tarragon
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs green asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 -3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped shallot (2 large)
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, cleaned and halved lengthwise if large
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon (can use additional fresh tarragon for garnish)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Cook asparagus separately in a 5- to 6-quart pot of boiling salted water, uncovered, until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer asparagus with a slotted spoon to a colander and rinse under cold water (to stop cooking), then drain again. Pat dry.
- Heat 1/2 the butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then sauté shallots, stirring, until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add asparagus, tarragon, salt, pepper, and remaining butter and sauté, stirring, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">