- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) can asparagus, cut into approx 2 inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- coarsley ground black pepper or cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 ounce potato crisps, preferably cheese and onion flavour, crushed
- Drain asparagus cuts and retain liquid.
- Make a white sauce with the butter, flour, seasoning and reserved asparagus juice.
- Add half the cheese into the sauce and melt.
- Cool slightly and add the cream.
- Place the drained asparagus cuts onto individual serving dishes (those scalloped shaped little serving dishes make an impressive show).
- Spoon over sauce and sprinkle with remainder of cheese and crushed potato crisps.
- Bake at 350F for approximately 10 minutes.
- NOTE: To enjoy the company of your guests, prepare ahead up to "baking" point.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Me and my Mum in my kitchen doing two of my favourite things - cooking and dancing! Please note the chef's obligatory glass of chilled white wine - essential to creativity! I love trying new recipes and I love eating. I'm always willing to try something completely new. After two years of membership, I have tried many wonderful, new recipes and learned lots of useful hints and tips. I have to say, the Zaar community is one of the most friendly and helpful I know. <a href="http://www.amazingcounter.com"><img border="0" src="http://cb.amazingcounters.com/counter.php?i=2546021&c=7638376" alt="msn live stats"></a><a href="http://www.onlinecomputercoupons.com/dell-desktop.htm">Dell Desktop Computer</a> <embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/8010-red.swf?TimeZone=SouthAfrica_Pretoria&" width="150" height="150" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/CameraLesschef-STICKER.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr336/jess4freedom/Zaar%20banners/ANZ-MakeMyRecipe.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/picNW72Oj-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pickxwB1q-1.jpg">