Asparagus Prosciutto Bundles W/Tomato Dressing
A sure hit for any gathering. Great as an appetizer and can be made ahead. The dressing makes the difference.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb asparagus
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, diced finely
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil (or 1 tbsp fresh)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; boil asparagus for 2 min max.
- Spread one slice of proscitto out and place approx 6 asparagus in the middle; roll proscitto slice around asparagus spears tightly.
- Repeat with remaining asparagus and proscitto.
- In a bowl combine tomatoes, olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and basil.
- Place bundles seam side down on greased baking sheet and broil 6 inch from heat, turning halfway through until hot and prosciutto is crisp - about 6 minutes.
- Serve while hot with a couple of spoonful dressing on top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 11 more