Two of my favorite things: Asparagus and mushrooms. Recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens. This makes four servings if all are satisfied with 1 1/2 cups each.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spear
- 8 ounces dried multi-grain linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh button mushrooms, halved
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Snap off and discard woody base of fresh asparagus.
- Bias-slice asparagus into 1 1/2 inch pieces; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and black pepper; cook and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add asparagus, mushrooms, chicken broth or wine, and 1/4 t salt.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cook, uncovered, for 4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter.
- Drain pasta; add pasta to vegetables in skillet.
- Toss gently to combine.
- Garnish with basil and crushed red pepper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Mine was a little too "wine" tasting so I turned it into a quick cream sauce with half & half, parm cheese and a little cornstarch. Could have been the wine I used - not sure. Anyhoo, this used up some asparagus, wine and mushrooms that were dying in the fridge so I thank you for a QUICK meal. I also liked that this was a smaller meal size, perfect for 2 people. Made for Photo Tag.Reply