Asian Meatballs - Thermomix and Paleo
photo by kathleenkirbyturner
- Ready In:
- 8 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 200 g sweet potatoes, rough chopped
- 5 g cilantro
- 30 g tomato paste, Thermomix Tomato Paste - No Added Sugar
- 15 g fish sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 500 g ground beef
- 500 g ground pork
- Place all veggies in the TM bowl, Hit turbo 2 or 3 times until all the ingredients are minced.
- Add tomato paste, fish sauce, salt and pepper. Mix 15 seconds/reverse speed 2.
- Tip this mixture into a large bowl. Add the meat and mix by hand until the veggies are completely incorporated into the meat. Form into meatballs - I usually get 36-42.
- Place the meatballs on the steaming trays. Add 1 liter water to the Thermomix bowl. Steam 25 minutes/varoma temperature/speed soft.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Although I am a US citizen, I have spent most of my adult life living outside of the States. I've raised my family all over the world - and I have to say that my four kids are pretty terrific! I am always looking for recipes that only call for basic ingredients. Because I don't live in the US, I often can't find packages or this, or jars and cans of that, even certain spices can be tricky. My favorite cookbooks are the New Joy of Cooking, and anything by Nigela Lawson. My passions are cooking and eating - big surprise there. I have no pet peeves, I don't keep any peeves around long enough to make them into pets. I especially love baking, but I'm trying to get away from that - the carbs are starting to stick to my hips a little too easily. I took a Sushi making course recently. It was a lot of fun; I now know that I need to GO OUT for Sushi, not make it myself.