Armenian Cracker Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Sprinkle yeast into warm water in large bowl and stir until dissolved.
- Add salt.
- Combine all-purpose and whole wheat flours and add enough to yeast mixture to make stiff dough.
- Turn out on floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Shape into ball.
- Place in greased bowl and turn to grease top. Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch down and let rise again until doubled, about 30 minutes. Divide dough into 8 pieces and roll each out on lightly floured surface to very thin circle about 9 inches in diameter.
- Place, one at a time, on baking sheet and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 400F 5 to 6 minutes, or until bread appears dry, lightly browned and blistered.
- Run palest side under hot broiler until lightly browned. Cool and.
- store in dry place.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!