Apricot Glazed Cornish Hens
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From my Land-O-Lakes recipe book. Stuffed Cornish Hens with apricot and marjoram glaze add spark to this recipe.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 4 Cornish hens
- 2 cups dry bread cubes
- 1⁄2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram leaves
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄4 cup butter (or margarine)
- 2 -3 tablespoons white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram leaves
- heat oven to 375*F.
- in a medium bowl mix together all stuffing ingredients (except preserves, butter and wine).
- in a 1 qt saucepan melt 1/2 cup apricot preserves and 1/4 cup butter, stir into stuffing, add 2 to 3 tablespoons wine to moisten stuffing.
- stuff hens with stuffing, secure opening with toothpicks.
- tuck wing under hen, place hens breast side up in roasting pan, bake for 1 hour.
- meanwhile in same saucepan combine all sauce ingredients.
- cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until melted (2 to 3 minutes).
- brush hens with half of sauce and continue baking uncovered for 40 to 50 minutes or until hens are fork tender.
- if hens browning to quickly cover them loosely with aluminum foil.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION