Applesauce Oat Crunch
photo by Lindas Busy Kitchen
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 -2 pinch nutmeg (not in original recipe, but I love nutmeg)
- 2 cups applesauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8x8 baking dish and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and applesauce. Spread in the prepared dish, and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Stir together oats, sugar and butter, and spread over applesauce mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I liked this but I wasn't crazy about the texture of the applesauce being the cobbler in this recipe. I like it much better with chopped apples. I used unsweetened applesauce, and if you use it I would advise using 1 c. brown sugar instead of 1/2 c. It was real tart. I had with whipped cream, but I think it would be better with ice cream. I may make again sometime with chunky applesauce with cinnamon. Thanks Karissa! Made for Newest Zaar Stars Tag Game
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am in my late 20s and live in Oklahoma. I am married with no children yet (apart from DH!). I'm fluent in Spanish, and would love to learn more languages. I enjoy cooking, but baking is more my forte.