Applesauce Nut Bread
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons shortening or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- in separate bowl combine egg, applesauce, shortening and nuts. mix well.
- pour wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir just enough to moisten the dry ingredients.
- bake in greased 9x5 loaf pan @ 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!