Apple-Rum Ricotta Cream Dessert
I enhanced this recipe from one I found on the South Beach diet web site. The apple included balances out the carbs and protein nicely but if you are on the Adkins diet simply omit the apple or substitue a lower carb fruit. This tastes very creamy and it's so guilt free!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese or 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream or 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rum extract, to taste
- 1 large apple, sliced
- Slice apple and set aside in bowl.
- beat on med-high, ricotta cheese, heavy cream, Splenda and extract till very well combined.
- Pour over apple and enjoy!
- Makes 1 or 2 servings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What a wonderful treat this tasty dessert is. The rum flavored ricotta gives you the feeling of being indulgent without any of the guilt. Made as written using both low fat ricotta and low fat milk. You can bet your bottom dollar that I will be making this again real soon. Thanks for the post.Reply
I peeled and sliced the apples and I marinated it with 1 tablespoon rum and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. For the cream I used Turkish yogurt without addition of cream or milk and as Boomette I used "true" rum instead of rum extract. <br/>Easy and delicate! Thanks (done for %u201CI recommend tag%u201D November 2010)Reply