Apple Oatmeal Bars
photo by Brenna M.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 1⁄2 cup naturally sweetened apple butter
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Combine oats, oat flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add applesauce, maple syrup, coconut oil and apple. Stir until combined.
- Set aside a heaping half-cup of the oat mixture, then press the rest evenly into the prepared pan. Top with apple butter, spreading evenly with a spoon or spatula.
- Sprinkle the rest of the oat mixture on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into 9 bars, or however many you like.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!