Apple-Glazed Cornish Hens
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Remove giblets from hens and discard.
- Rinse hens under cold water and pat dry.
- Using a long, sharp knife, split the hens lengthwise.
- You may also buy precut hens.
- Place the hens, cavity side up, in a roasting pan.
- Dilute 1/4 cup of the apple juice concentrate with the water.
- Pour juice over the hens.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for 45 minutes.
- Turn breast side up.
- In a small pan over medium heat, combine the remaining apple juice concentrate, cornstarch and cinnamon; mix well.
- Add 2 lemon slices and continue cooking until thickened.
- Remove from heat and brush hens with the sauce.
- Return the hens to the oven and continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Transfer the hens to a serving platter and garnish with remaining lemon slices.
- Per serving: calories 447, fat 20.2g, 48% calories from fat, cholesterol 210mg, protein 30.3g, carbohydrates 19.2g, fiber 0.4g, sodium 111mg.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!