Apple Egg Rolls
photo by yogiclarebear
- Ready In:
- 4 medium granny smith apples
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 12 egg roll wraps
- oil (for frying)
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Peel and Chop Apples (pieces should be about the size of peas).
- Melt Butter in a saute pan on MEDIUM. Add Brown Sugar and Cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Add Apples to Butter/Sugar Mixture, saute until Apples begin to soften (about 3-4 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Divide Apple mixture between 12 eggroll wrappers. Roll eggrolls and seal with water if needed (instructions for how to roll eggrolls can be found on the outside of the eggroll wrapper).
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown (1-2 minutes).
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dust generously with powdered sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My secret indulgence? Grocery Shopping. I can literally spend hours roaming up and down the aisles of a Supermarket. Sound crazy? Not if you're a self described "Foodie" like me. I am fortunate enough to live in the city of Vancouver, British Columbia. The food community here is very rich in diversity, which has allowed me to sample tasty treats from all over the planet right here at home. Aside from the Supermarket, there are tons of smaller Ethnic Grocery Stores, Butcher shops and Bakeries here in the city. Vancouver is also home to the Granville Island Public Market - a food lovers haven! Imagine over 100 fresh produce, local seafood, speciatly meat and gourmet shops all in the same building... no wonder I love cooking so much! <a href="http://www.stickergiant.com/cooking-with-wine_y8565.html"> <img src="http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant2/imgs/250/y8565.gif" width="300"height="250"border="0" alt="Cooking With Wine"></a>