MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Gluten Free, Egg Free and Delicious. An Apple Crisp that you can serve to your GF friends, and modify for your Vegan Friends.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 6 apples, peeled cored and chopped in 1/2 in pieces, I use Pink Lady1/2
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (or a little more depending on sweetness desired)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar (for topping)
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free flour, blend I use Bob's Redmill (for topping)
- 1 cup gluten free old fashioned oats (for topping)
- 1⁄2 cup almond meal, I grind my own, it's cheaper (for topping)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (for topping)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (for topping)
- 2⁄3 cup butter, make it non-dairy for Vegan modification (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Add apples to a gallon sized plastic bag and splash with lemon juice. Seal the bad and shake the lemon and apples to coat.
- Open and add in the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt. Seal and shake again.
- Pour Apple mixture in to a 9x9 baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the topping (bown sugar, GF flour blend, GF oats, Almond meal and cinnamon.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan.
- Drizzle melted butter over topping mixture and stir around until it resemble pebbles.
- Spread topping evenly over the apples.
- Place dish in the oven and bake for around 45 minutes (until apples are soft and the topping in golden brown and crunchy.
- Let sit out on counter 10 minutes (DO NOT TENT) and serve with vanilla ice cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION