Apple Cheddar Palmiers
photo by spicyperspective
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 baking apples, peeled and diced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 sheets puff pastry (1 box)
- 1 egg
- Preheat a skillet to medium-high. Saute the apples and shallots in butter for 3-5 minutes. Add the nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay each piece of puff pastry on its own piece of parchment paper and roll them lightly.
- Top both pieces with apple mixture and distribute evenly. Then top with them with shredded cheese.
- Fold the pastry sheets inward ¼ of the width on both ends. Fold in again so that the dough meets in the middle. Fold one more time.
- Wrap the rolls in the paper and put the rolls in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to chill before cutting. (Wrap them well if you are prepping ahead).
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Carefully slice each roll into 12-15 ½ inch slices and lay flat on parchment paper lined baking sheets. Whisk the egg and brush it over the tops. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Cool before lifting!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a cooking instructor and food writer sharing recipes, cooking tips and SPICY thoughts!</p> <p><strong><img title=Sommer @ A Spicy Perspective src=http://aspicyperspective.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/11-300x240.jpg alt=Sommer Collier width=300 height=240 /></strong></p> <p><strong>Check out all my recipes at <a href=http://www.aspicyperspective.com>www.aspicyperspective.com!</a></strong></p>