Apple Bacon Relish
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A favorite retaurant was featured making this dish to serve over pork tenderloin or chops. A true fall Southern dish.
- Ready In:
- 8 slices smoked bacon
- 1 1⁄4 cups red onions, diced
- 4 apples, firm, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Saute bacon until crisp & remove from pan. Crumble & set aside. Remove all but 1 T. of bacon fat from pan. Add onions to pan & saute until starting to turn golden.
- Add apples & garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add sugar & vinegar & reduce heat.
- Cook 3-4 minutes or until apples are crisp tender. Add bacon.
- Add seasonings & stir to combine.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I probably should have asked what kind of apples are usually included in a recipe like this, but I didn't! Used some tart Pippin green apples & that seemed to work just fine! Followed your recipe right on down including the smoked bacon, although I was tempted to cut things short by using bacon bits! Absolutely delicious relish which was served over baked pork chops! Certainly a keeper of a recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]1Reply