Another Chicken Spaghetti
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
My family loved this version of chicken spaghetti. REALLY loved it!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 lb finely shredded chicken
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel tomatoes with bell peppers, choose your variety
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (12 ounce) carton whipped cream cheese
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, chopped into 1/2 ounce squares
- Cook chicken and cool. Shred chicken. I used chicken already cooked from the store and use only white meat.
- Dice Onion and bell pepper. Drain and wash olives.
- Cut Velveeta into small pieces. I cut them into 1/2 oz cubes so they would melt easily.
- Cook the pasta while you assemble and heat the sauce.
- In a Dutch oven, add the canola oil. Heat it and add the minced garlic, onion and bell pepper. Saute until garlic becomes golden and onions are translucent.
- Add the olives and the can of Rotel tomatoes. Heat until it is boiling.
- Add the Cream of Mushroom soup and the milk. Heat back to boiling.
- Add the Velveeta and cook until it is melted.
- Add the Cream cheese and cook until it is melted.
- Add the cooked, drained pasta (reserve a little of the pasta water to thin the sauce if you want it thinner.).
- Stir in the chicken. When well mixed, pour into a pre-greased 13" x 9" casserole. Cover with foil. Bake in a 364 degree oven 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes of baking, take off the foil and continue baking another 10-15 minutes. Top with parmesan cheese if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION