Anise Flavoured Beetroot Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
If you love the taste of aniseed or star aniseed, as it is sometimes refered to, you will love this. Simple and easy to make
- Ready In:
- beet, trimmed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon crushed anise seed
- Cover unpeeled beetroot with water, and cook until tender.
- Peel, cool and then dice.
- Mix together thoroughly the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Stir in onion and crushed aniseed.
- Mix in beets gently.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Salad improves in flavour when kept several hours or days in the fridge.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION