Ambrosia Salad; Fruit Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained, 2 Tbs. juice reserved
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 3 oranges, peeled, sectioned, and halved
- 1 small green apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 small red apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup mini marshmallows
- In large bowl, combine mandarin oranges, pineapple, orange sections, and sliced apples.
- In small bowl, whisk together 2 Tbs. juice reserved from mandarin oranges, yogurt, sugar, and salt.
- Pour over fruit and gently toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with coconut and marshmallows.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm married with 2 young children. Like lots of other folks, after getting married, I finally started learning how to cook when we got tired of take-out food. Watching Foodnetwork taught me lots of skills as well as inspired me to try. I haven't followed the shows much nowadays, but years ago my favorite chefs on FoodNetwork were Giada DeLaurentis, Ina Garten, Bobby Flay, Alton Brown, and Paula Deen. I also watched 30 minute meals with Rachel Ray but never could make my meals in 30 minutes with her recipes! ;0) My pet peeves are when people refuse to try something different, or after they've had one bad experience with a certain ingredient or food then they will never want to taste anything related or with it. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">