These snowballs have become a tradition in my home. They're just a bit different and very easy to make.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- icing sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and icing sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add flour and salt and mix well.
- Add Amaretto and mix well.
- Roll dough into small balls, less than an inch.
- Place onto a parchment-lined sheet or a non-stick baking sheet and bake for 8 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on a rack and roll in additional icing sugar.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Dough works up nicely, easy to handle, baking times are accurate (though it's kind of hard to tell just from sight if they are done). The 3 Tbsp amaretto is just enough to not be overpowering. The only odd thing is that mine seemed really dry. I know that's the nature of a cookie like this, but perhaps a little more amaretto or something could help that? I got 4 dozen making the batter as directed. Will definitely make again!Reply
These types of cookies are one of our families favorites. The addition of the amaretto liqueur couldn't do anything but make a great cookie even better! They mix up like a dream. I didn't THINK so at first until I continued following the directions as written , and *whew* the addition of those 3T of amaretto liqueur was just enough to make the dough perfect to work with for me. (Just for clarification , when you are doing step 3 , you really don't think you're going to end up with a workable cookie dough , but after the addition of the amaretto , it's great!) The baking times were right on for me as well. Anyway, these will definitely be going onto my cookie trays for the holidays. Excellent , thank you for posting!Reply