Almond Pear Flan
I have prepared this for most holiday get together for years. You can prepare pastry case up to a day before adding filling and pears. Bake up to 3 hours before serving. This holds up well and can be prepared in advance and served the next day.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 ounces butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 pears, peeled, cored, quartered
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- Pastry: Combine all ingredients in processor, process until combined.
- Remove to lightly floured surface, knead into smooth ball, cover, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Roll pastry large enough to line a 9-inch flan tin.
- Filling: Cream butter and sugar together until just combined, add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Fold in almonds and flour.
- Spread filling into pastry case, place pear quarters over filling, bake in moderate 350 degree oven 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with warmed sieved apricot jam.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Oh, yes, what a great tasting flan! It went together so quickly, & we absolutely loved the almond/pear/apricot flavor combo! Definitely something I'd make when company's coming, but, even so, this 1st time around I happily shared some of it with a neighbor couple! Followed your recipe right on down & wouldn't change a thing! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed as a THANK YOU for playing with us in Please Review My Recipe during the recent tour]Reply