Almond Custard (Keskul)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A creamy almond custard - Turkish in origin.
- Ready In:
- 90 g almonds, blanched
- 1 liter milk
- 30 g rice, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 60 g sugar
- 4 drops almond extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- Grind almonds, finely in a food processor.
- Place in a bowl and knead with your hand to make a firm paste.
- Heat 250ml milk to boiling point, pour onto almond and stir with wooden spoon until well blended. Set aside to steep.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend 1/4 cup cold milk with ground rice.
- In a heavy based saucepan, heat remaining milk. Bring to a boil and pour onto ground rice mixture, stirring constantly, then return mixture to pan. Bring to a boil, add salt and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Strain almond milk through a fine sieve into a bowl, pressing almonds with back of spoon. Pour almond milk into pan; stir well to combine and stir in sugar. Simmer gently for a further 10 minutes.
- Stir in almond extract and pour into individual dessert bowls. Serve garnished with chopped pistachio nuts.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION