Alfredo Oven-Fried Chicken
- Ready In:
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (less if you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350°F; place margarine in a 9x13-inch pan and then place pan in oven while preheating to melt the margarine.
- Rinse chicken and cut off excess fat. Combine Alfredo sauce, milk and eggs in one bowl, and bread crumbs, flour, paprika, and cayenne in another.
- Dip chicken breasts in Alfredo mixture, then bread crumb mixture. Double bread if you would like (we always do!)
- When you have breaded all of the chicken, place it in the hot pan with the melted butter, coating both sides of the chicken. If you don't like wasting the Alfredo mixture, you can add it to the pan with the chicken at this point.
- Bake the chicken for 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Save the bread crumb mixture for next time--put it in a freezer bag and tuck it away in your freezer.
- Leave the margarine out and use Pam instead for a healthier version!
- Freeze after baking for a quick meal!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great recipe. I wanted to make sure the breading was crunchy so I browned it quickly on high heat before putting it in the baking dish. I added the remaining Alfredo sauce about 15 minutes before the chicken was ready to come out. Great moist chicken. Next time I will serve this with pasta. This would make a great base for Chicken Parmesan. Thanks chef
I love alfredo and thought this recipe was wonderful. It would have been a little bit better had the breading been crispier, but the chicken was moist and flavorful. My DH even said that dinner was "delicious" which is quite the complement from somebody who always says things are okay. Great recipe!