photo by breezermom
- Ready In:
1 side dish
- 4 ounces pancetta, 1/4 inch dice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb asparagus, sliced into 2 inch pieces on bias, woody ends snapped off
- 1 1⁄4 cups leeks, thinly sliced crosswise (white and pale green parts only)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh lemon zest, of one whole lemon
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a large non-stick pan, saute pancetta, stirring frequently over medium heat, until crisp and lightly golden.
- Add butter, then asparagus and leeks and saute until asparagus is tender crisp, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic, citrus zests, toasted pine nuts and parsley and saute for another minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is my favorite asparagus recipe. I can't endorse it enough! People rave about it and it is easy to prepare and SO much more interesting than most preparations. It comes from the Food 52 cookbook and their title for it is "Absurdly Addictive Asparagus". Guaranteed not to disappoint. Especially good as a side dish for salmon.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a married cruise-only travel agent with two stepsons, aged 20 and 25. It took a while to get the boys used to my cooking, as they were raised on fast food and pre-packaged foods (i.e. mac-n-cheese from the blue box, frozen dinners, Chef Boyardee, McDonalds, etc.). My mother is from Spain and I lived there as well as Germany, England and Italy growing up, which influenced both my career and my cuisine!</p> 8726943"