Acadian Peppered Shrimp
- Ready In:
- 1 lb butter
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup black pepper, finely ground
- 4 lbs raw shrimp in shells
- The shrimp should be of a size to number 30-35 per pound.
- Melt the Butter in a large deep-sided frying pan or iron skillet over low heat.
- When melted, raise the heat, and add the remaining ingredients except the shrimp.
- Cook, stirring often, until browned to a rich mahogany color, about 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, stir- ring and turning to coat well with the seasoned Butter.
- Cook until the shrimp have turned a rich deep pink, about 10 minutes.Serve the shrimp in their shells, peeling them at the table.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
My husband bought shrimp yesterday and I came across this recipe today. I had all the ingredients and voila, it was done. Not only is this the best shrimp dish I've had, but it was quick and easy. Like the others, if you like spicy foods than this is the winner. So good, we just finished eating and I had to write a review. The best!