A Picky Eaters' Chicken Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package of shredded cheddar cheese
- 60 Ritz crackers, crushed (that's 2 stacks)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cook the chopped broccoli in your microwave according to package directions, then spread on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix together the soup, chicken, and sour cream. Spread mixture on top of the broccoli.
- Sprinkle the cheese all over the chicken mixture.
- Crush your crackers (I do this by leaving them in their stacks and carefully rolling my marble rolling pin over them). Then mix your melted margarine with your crackers.
- Spread the buttery crackers all over the cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 425 degrees.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As you can see, I live in Tennessee, and although I love it, I'll always be a Yankee! My hometown is Latrobe, PA....and that's where I learned to appreciate good cooking! My maternal Grandma was Italian, and she was the best cook EVER. Family dinners were absolutely ASTOUNDING at the amount and variety of food she would create. Sadly, as a child I was so picky I wouldn't even TRY half of what they put in front of me....once I grew up, I only had a few years of experimenting, and then Grandma died. If only I'd been smarter as a child- I missed out on so much excellent cooking! Since then, I scour thru all her old cookbooks and try to make up for whatever I may have missed...But most of her recipes are handwritten and the amounts listed are dubious, or sometimes missing altogether. My grandma was a wonderful cook, but LOUSY at recording her tricks of the trade! O well.