- Ready In:
1 ten inch Cake
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Prepare a 10-inch springform pan by wrapping it with a layer of heavy duty alum foil.
- (I would grease the pan, put a round of parchment on the bottom and flour the sides) Cream together ricotta cheese, cream cheese and sugar until smooth (could use a food processor to really smooth out the ricotta).
- Mix in the eggs one at a time.
- Add flour one tablespoon at a time, mixing well.
- Stir in the sour cream and vanilla.
- (I would be sure to mix things slowly and have all ingredients up to room temperature. Don't beat any air into the mixture and be sure it's really smooth when done).
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Place cheesecake in a large rectangular pan filled with 2 inches of hot water.
- Carefully put into preheated oven.
- Bake for 90 minutes.
- After 90 minutes turn oven off, but leave the cake in the oven for another 60 minutes (do not open door).
- Cool on counter for at-least 60 minutes (until room temp) and then refrigerate.
- Serve when thoroughly chilled (overnight).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This had a great flavor, and not too sweet. Being diabetic, I substituted Splenda. The only thing that threw me was it bubbled up and formed a "dome", kind of like a crust. That part was dark brown. I just peeled that off and threw it in the trash. What was left underneath looked perfect, and tasted great.