16th C, Ginestrata Soup (Chicken, Marsala, Cinnamon)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Bert Greens Kitchen Bouquet's. Another source quotes this : "There was a time before when this soup was thought to enhance the virility of men. Not only due to its colour, but also due to its name." "
- Ready In:
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup dry marsala or 1/4 cup other fortified wine
- 1 quart chicken stock, all fat removed
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- freshly ground nutmeg
- Whisk egg yolks in a bowl and beat in the cinammon and marsala.
- Strain through several layers of cheesecloth. Beat in chicken stock, add the salt and butter.
- Gradually heat soup in a very heavy saucepan over very low heat (or use a double boiler over hot not simmering water) Stirring constantly. Dont allow it to boil.
- When slight thinkened pour into soup bowls and sprink with a 1/2 tsp of sugar and some nutmeg.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION