floury potatoes, peeled
4 -6 tablespoons sunflower oil or 4 -6 tablespoons
2 tablespoons drippings or 2 tablespoons
salt, to taste
- Cut your peeled potatoes into chunks, approximately the size of an egg.
- Par-boil them in salted water for about 8 minutes.
- Set aside and leave to cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas 6.
- Pour the oil and dripping into a large roasting tin and place in the hot oven to heat.
- Rough up the sides of the potatoes by scratching them with a fork and season with salt.
- When the oil is hot, carefully place the potatoes in a single layer in the oil.
- Baste or turn over immediately, so they are coated with oil on all sides.
- Roast for 45 minutes, turning at least once.
- After that time, it's up to you to decide whether they are crispy enough or whether to give them another 15 minutes.
- Drain of fat and place on paper towels to absorb more access fat.
- Season again with salt before serving.