Recipe by Boomette
I took it on David Rocco show on Food Network.
Top Review by breezermom
I couldn't find porcinis, so I tried to find a substitute. The portabello was the biggest I could find, but I wasn't sure that was the right taste. So I threw in some shitake and button mushrooms to try and make it work. I couldn't find nepitella, so I used fresh mint and oregano. I loved the taste before adding the cheese and egg, so I saved some for serving like that. I really enjoyed this, both ways! Thanks for sharing this yummy mushroom recipe!
- 4 large porcini mushrooms, fresh, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 sprig nepitella (can be replaced by mint and oregano)
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup freshly grated parmigiano
- 2 eggs
- salt and fresh pepper (to season)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot, heat extra virgin olive oil, butter and throw in sprig of nepitella. Add fresh porcini to the pot and let cook for a minute so that the mushrooms can absorb all the flavours.
- Add a ladle of vegetable broth and allow porcini to cook for another minute or until the broth has been absorbed. Add salt and black pepper to season and pour in the remaining broth. Bring the soup to a boil and then lower the heat. Let simmer for half hour.
- Before plating, add parmigiano cheese and 2 eggs. Stir very well for a minute and serve hot.