Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The skin of this chicken makes a natural pocket to hold the stuffing mixture in. This is a great recipe for a dinner party, quite easy to make, and very delicious.
Top Review by Skitzoid Lady
I made this with turkey tenderloin. I butterflied the tenderloin, pounded it out, and stuffed it with the stuffing, then wrapped bacon around it. I cooked it a little longer, but it came out wonderfully tender and tasty. I'll be putting this on my rotation list.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 3 slices bread, torn into coarse crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- salt & fresh ground pepper (I use seasoned salt)
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, with skin left on
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a skillet, melt butter; saute onion, parsley and basil until onion is tender (about 3 minutes).
- Add garlic (if using) zucchini and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs, egg, cheese salt and pepper.
- Carefully loosen the skin if chicken on one side to form a pocket.
- Stuff each chicken breast with the zucchini mixture then place in a greased dish.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.