Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is pretty close to bizzare, but it is very "tasty" and moist. I was dubious about it, but I did try and am really glad I did. Try it...
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package spice cake mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded zucchini, with as much moisture removed i dry mine on paper towels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- I spray mine with Bakers Joy spray.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except zucchini.
- Mix well at low speed until well blended.
- Fold in zucchini.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Serve plain, dusted with confectioners sugar or drizzled with your favorite glaze.
I made this for a group of dinner guest. They loved it and finished off the entire thing. It seemed a little salty to me though.
Don't be afraid of the ingredients in this cake - it is absolutely wonderful! I wasn't sure how it would taste, but to my surprise it actually tastes a bit like pumpkin pie -- even my husband asked if it had pumpkin in it. The cake is dense & moist, and came out of the bundt pan beatifully. I used a simple powdered sugar glaze to top it. This one is sure to become a regular in my repetoire of recipes to use up more zucchini. Thanks for posting this unique recipe, mandabears! -M :-)