This is the sauce to go with BBQ Short Ribs Korean Style. I have posted it separately to enter it into the Barbecue Sauce contest! It can be used on a variety of meats and also tofu. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, plus more for sprinkling
- 4 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 3⁄4-1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion, plus more green tips for sprinkling (green and white parts, mixed)
- 2 teaspoons red chili pepper flakes
- Grind the sesame seeds in a coffee grinder until fine.
- Place the ground sesame seeds in a medium bowl and add the garlic, soy, sherry, honey, sesame oil, water, ginger, scallions, and red chili flakes, stir until thoroughly combined.
- Use this sauce to marinate short ribs, steaks, chicken or fish! Grill or broil and baste with sauce.