Recipe by LisaA
I got this recipe out of a cook book I borrowed from my MIL and have no idea which one any more. I had never heard of lime squares before, and felt adventerous. Boy was I pleasently suprised! These were wonderful! My husband wasn't sure about them because it had pecans in it, but he loved them too! Prep time is just a guess. I never timed myself and haven't made this since Christmas.
Top Review by StacyMD187373
I found this recipe online; came to post it, but found it was already here. These tasted great; I personally like the pecans in the crust. The only difference was the recipe I used called for 1-1 1/2 Tbsp grated lime rind as well as the lime juice. I had a lime that was already sliced, so I threw the slices in the food processor and used that--pulp and rind. Worked well.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1 cup flour, butter, pecans, and 1/4 cup sugar; mix until crumbly,using pastery blender.
- Press into greased and floured 12x8 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Beat eggs with a fork, adding lime juice, 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and baking powder.
- Pour mixture over crust.
- Bake an additional 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.