Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe out of a cook book I borrowed from my MIL and have no idea which one any more. I had never heard of lime squares before, and felt adventerous. Boy was I pleasently suprised! These were wonderful! My husband wasn't sure about them because it had pecans in it, but he loved them too! Prep time is just a guess. I never timed myself and haven't made this since Christmas.
- Combine 1 cup flour, butter, pecans, and 1/4 cup sugar; mix until crumbly,using pastery blender.
- Press into greased and floured 12x8 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Beat eggs with a fork, adding lime juice, 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and baking powder.
- Pour mixture over crust.
- Bake an additional 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.