Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nice light way to serve squash and yams. Great with chicken
Make and share this Yam 'n Butternut Squash Mash recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup cooked and mashed butternut squash
- 1 cup cooked and mashed yams or 1 cup sweet potato
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter or 1⁄4 cup softened margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, whip all the ingredients together until fluffy Turn into a lightly greased oven proof dish Cover with tin foil and bake in a 350F degrees oven until heated through (15-20 Minutes).
Smooth and creamy, very good. I did add a teaspoon of sugar, and increased the cinnamon to 1/2 teaspoon. I used sweet potatoes, I just prefer them over yams. Tasted great!
Nice, easy, yummy and filling.
I love savory (as opposed to sweet) yam and squash casseroles, so I had to make this! I had about 3 cups of butternut squash puree in my freezer, so I mashed 3 cups of yams. The recipe easily triples, but I only used 1/2 cup of butter instead of 3/4 cup. I tripled everything else, though. Yes, this is excellent with chicken and I'm sure other meats as well. I'll make this again.... it's a great change from regular old mashed potatoes. Thanx Bergy!