Prep 9 mins
Cook 3 mins
Need a quick chocolate pick-me-up? Don't drown yourself in chocolate sorrows and blow the bank in fat grams. A small piece of this will satisfy your craving but you'll keep your slim figure...your best revenge! Your favorite nuts on top are optional!
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (two if you love it like me!)
- Line 8" x 8" pan with foil.
- Sift sugar and cocoa into a heatproof bowl. Add milk and butter. Do not stir.
- Microwave on high for 2 1/2 minutes or until butter is melted. Add vanilla. Stir to blend.
- Turn into pan and smooth the top. Put in freezer 10 minutes to set.
Easy and quick, but not the best microwave fudge. I find it not chocolately enough and more like icing than fudge. However it did the trick for my sweet craving. All that said, I did have to substitute regular milk for evaporated as my can of evap had expired. So perhaps with the evap it is better. I did add chopped pecans.
Oh my!!! made this after work today and just had 2 pieces. Absolutely delicious. I'm not usually a big sweets person, but this is fantastic. Can't believe I've been looking at this recipe for months and never made it. My loss. Thanks for such a quick and easy recipe. Especially since I had all the ingredients on hand. Definitely going into my favorites file, for sure will be making this again.
A nice chocolate fudge delight that whips ups so quickly. It does not set up as firm as other fudge recipes so it really needs to stay in the fridge. But when you have the need for a chocolate treat without blowing all your calories for a week then this is a great recipe to have on hand. Thanks for sharing.