Top Review by Maito
I am in love with these potatoes!! I was not at all sure how I would like the feta and cream cheese in them, but it worked perfectly. I made these even lower in fat by halving the feta and using nonfat milk and cream cheese. I also halved the salt and broiled these for 5 minutes at the end to brown them up. I definitely recommend using fresh oregano, it imparted a great flavor. These are worth the extra work!
- 4 large baking potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 118.29 ml 1% low-fat milk
- 118.29 ml crumbled feta cheese
- 78.07 ml about 3 oz reduced-fat cream cheese, softened (Neufchatel)
- 29.58 ml minced fresh oregano or 9.85 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml thinly sliced green onion
- 2 slice hickory smoked bacon, slices cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake potatoes for 1 hour or until tender. (I have zapped them in the microwave, but the oven is best).
- Let cool slightly.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp into a large bowl, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell.
- Mash pulp with a potato masher.
- Add milk and next 5 ingredients; stir well.
- Spoon potato mixture into shells.
- Place on a baking sheet; bake for 15 minutes or until thorougly heated.
- Sprinkle each potato half with 1 1/2 teaspoons green onions; top evenly with crumbled bacon.